I think it's a good idea to listen sounds of English, especially the sounds of native speakers.
Before you listen to an English podcast, song, etc, read the words first. Underline or highlight the sound you want to work on. Read this passage out loud to yourself, paying attention to the words, that contain this sound, then listen to the podcast and try to imitate what the speaker is saying.
In improving pronunciation very helpful can be Engvid.com. For example Benjamin's lessons are quite entertaining. There are also a lot of different videos on youtube, which are pretty good.
You should also determine which accent would you like to acquire and then try to imitate it. Find those people who has it and they can be accent models for you. As you watch TV, movies, videos, choose somebody you would like to emulate.
Improving pronunciation needs a lot of practice and efforts. And I hope I will succeed in improving mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment